From: <SColbert[_at_]sponsored-prog-po.dsp.uiowa.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 96 18:39 CST

I received a request for assistance from a foreign (Russian) student; and need some guidance as to how to advise and/or direct her.

It seems her father is a filmmaker in Russia. He made a film and distributed it within Russia several years ago. In April, 1995 the film appeared on television in the States -- New York -- without permission or the payment of fees. Its not clear how the film made it to the states -- perhaps a pirated copy. The student's father obviously wants compensation for the use of the film, and/or some other action to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Thus the student on behalf of her father is looking for someone to represent them (on a contingency fee basis) and some idea of the possibility of success.

If anyone has any information I can pass along and/or the name of counsel to whom I can refer the student please let me know. Thanks in advance


Stephana Colbert
The University of Iowa
e-mail: stephana-colbert[_at_]uiowa.edu
(319)335-2742 Received on Tue Sep 17 1996 - 23:45:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Mon Mar 26 2007 - 00:35:22 GMT